GLUTEN FREE MUFFINS
If you have an intolerance to gluten, it can be so challenging to find recipes that achieve the equivalent texture and taste of the regular wheat based variety.
With raw honey, it's refined sugar free, uses grated carrots and apple giving it moisture. It's also packed with soluble fibre with a combination of oats and almond meal which is great for gut health.
2 Cups Almond Meal
1 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Carrots, Grated
1 Cup Apple, Grated
1/2 Cup Honey
6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted
1. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
3. Peel carrots and apples. Grate them, then add to the wet mixture.
4. Combine both mixtures together and spoon into muffin tray.
5. Bake in the oven on 180 (fan-forced) for 15-20mins.
6. Top with drizzled peanut butter and granola for a delicious accompaniment.
Recipe originally from Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow.